2018 Schedule

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Wintertime Gardens...........



Building miniature gardens in the off season (February) is always a struggle for me. The gardens always seemed incomplete or barren since we have little in suitable material here at the nursery for groundcover or a grass substitute. Today I walked by a bucket full of moss chunks my wife had gathered and decided to use the moss as a grass substitute. It will work until I have some perennial plant material breaking dormancy and available for use. The garden was built for a client that needed an eye catcher to add to their Lawn & Garden Show booth. I was truly pleased with the final product built in one of my signature papercrete containers.


Another garden built after the fact!  




2 comments:

  1. The mini-garden at the top of the page with the copper kettle house - did you get the kettle that way, or did you 'housify' it yourself? It's WONDERFUL! I love the whimsy of the kettle house.

    Melinda
    California, where you never teach (apparently)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your interest Melinda. The copper colored teapot is actually resin and should be available from your local fairy gardening suppliers. I teach anywhere I can find a garden centers or groups that can sign up enough students to make it worth my time to travel.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete